(Senior) System Administrator (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
in Karlsruhe, Nationwide (Germany) or Munich
Full-time | Permanent | Professionals
Reference ID: 3849
With our strong brands GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 42 million active users, we are the leading email and communications platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. From this strong market position, services and apps are developed that simplify users' digital lives - from office tools and cloud solutions to personal ID management.
WEB.DE and GMX are among the leading e-mail providers in Germany. We are looking for an experienced Linux System Administrator for the operation and further development of our portal and big data environments. Do you want to become part of our successful, international team of system administrators? Are you motivated to ensure the Linux server operation of our Big Data Infrastructure for over 43 million customers? Then become a part of our team.
- Together with your colleagues you will be responsible for the administration and operation of our Linux servers.
- You are the first contact person for all technical questions regarding our Big Data Infrastructure and form the interface to software development, project and product management.
- You monitor our systems, solve incidents on your own responsibility and ensure 24/7 availability of our services and applications with occasional on-call service.
- You create concepts and action plans, accompany projects from conception to go-live and are also involved in architecture decisions.
- You automate our system landscape and work your way into new, complex technologies.
You have completed a technical degree or are simply an enthusiastic Linux professional? You have several years of experience as a system administrator and are interested in operating a complex big data infrastructure? You are a real team player, your passion is Linux system administration and your work attitude is "hands-on"? Then we are looking forward to your application.
- You have very good Debian and RedHat based Linux distribution skills and also experience with common TCP/IP network services and protocols.
- You are familiar with operating, building and scaling highly available web applications (e.g. Apache web server, Apache Tomcat) as well as automation (Puppet) and monitoring (Prometheus/Icinga).
- You bring experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl), have good database skills (e.g. Cassandra or Exasol) and ideally have also gained experience with one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop, CEPH, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Logstash, Redis or Zookeeper.
- You enjoy concept creation and like to take on projects where you think outside the box.
- You are solution-oriented, strong communicator in English and like to take responsibility.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management