Java / Spring Boot Developer (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
in Karlsruhe, Nationwide (Germany) or Munich
Full-time | Permanent | Professionals
Reference ID: 3425
With our strong brands GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 42 million active users, we are the leading email and communications platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. From this strong market position, services and apps are developed that simplify users' digital lives - from office tools and cloud solutions to personal ID management.
Do you enjoy working in a technically challenging environment with systems processing millions of requests every second? You are not put off by a complex domain and like to solve problems by using cutting edge technologies and agile methods? Then we’re looking for you. WEB.DE and GMX are among the most used e-mail providers in Germany. To make everyday life easier for our users, our department Mail Transfer Development is continuously developing new functions. Let’s work together on the future of our email platform!
- You will develop and maintain Spring Boot based Microservices and deploy them on our in-house Kubernetes clusters.
- You will work on the implementation of new features for automated processing of emails and you accompany them from the first idea to the final release.
- You create architecture spikes, proofs of concepts for high-risk systems and you evaluate new technologies.
- You collaborate closely with various disciplines such as QA, spam experts, architects as well as our operating teams and contribute ideas with your individual expertise independently.
- You keep yourself up-to-date with new technologies and participate in internal and external conferences.
You’re keen to learn new things and you can develop outstanding new features with Java and Spring Boot? You are interested to become part of an agile team working in mail systems? Your passion is software development and your code is high quality? Your work attitude is hands-on and you’re a strong team player? You see yourself described in the points below? Then we are looking forward to your application.
- You have sound knowledge in object oriented programming with Java and web technologies such as JSON or RESTFul HTTP are no foreign concepts for you. Ideally, you've worked with Spring Boot, NOSQL and SQL databases, Microservices, containerised applications and Kubernetes before.
- You have experience with Linux as a development- and server environment in high load scenarios as well as distributed systems.
- You are familiar with automated software quality assurance (Unit Testing, Performance Tests, Acceptance Tests) and agile development in a continuous delivery environment.
- You are communicative, open to new ideas and enjoy working in an agile team.
- Good English skills are necessary, German is a plus while not neccesary.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management