Enterprise Architekt Data Persistence (f/m/d) - for our brands GMX and WEB.DE
1&1 Mail & Media GmbH in München
To grow our Portal Architecture Group we are looking for an experienced data persistence architect to join us in shaping the future of our products. The role is embedded into our international solution architects team and reports directly to the Head of Architecture.
- You create the data persistence architecture for our high-volume web portals.
- You work together with developers, architects and the management to find the right data persistence solution from our wide range of databases (SQL and NoSQL), Big Data and search as well as queuing and event streaming toolbox.
- You own our data persistency toolbox and constantly keep it up to date with architectural blue prints of data persistency solutions.
- You find solutions for challenging high-availability, performance, consistency and migration problems.
- You constantly keep your knowledge on data persistency technology up-to-date and actively share your knowledge with your colleagues.
The ideal candidate is a technical leader with a customer-centric mindset:
- You have a proven track record of defining persistency architectures in data intensive environments.
- You are a good communicator and a great listener, both in German and English which you master at C1 level.
- You form strong, trustful relationships with your Customers, Peers and Developers.
- You can work on an abstract level and focus on the big picture - and break down this big picture into deliverables for software-development teams as well as administrators.
- You have expert knowledge in Apache Cassandra as well as in at least in one common relational database (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL or similar). You have experience with distributed database setups, high availability as well as knowledge about the theory of distributed systems. You know the common pitfalls when using data replication as well as the theoretical background in consistency models.
- Ideally you also have experience with either Apache Kafka, Big Data technology or Elasticsearch, this is however optional.
For reasons of better readability, we have used the male language form (when and wherever applicable) throughout the text. However, this does not imply any kind of discrimination against other sexes, but should be understood as gender-neutral in the sense of linguistic simplification.
United Internet AG
Tel: +49 721 91374-6891