Java Developer (f/m/d) - for our brands GMX and WEB.DE
1&1 Mail & Media GmbH in München
Your mail, your news, your digital home … your technology! Germany’s biggest news portal is looking for a committed Java developer. The news portals of GMX and WEB.DE have in average 18 million visits a week and must also perform well and fast when facing load peaks. Personalized news and interesting features are the reason for the popularity with our users. Flat hierarchies, short decision making processes and a cross functional scrum team in which you can help to shape the product are awaiting you. To stay up-to-date and continue to wow our users we need your expertise: You build it, you deploy it, you (will) run it!
- Using current Java technologies you are developing challenging features and services for our news portal and internal applications.
- You identify potentials for optimization in terms of quality, performance and maintainability and implement them in the team.
- You tackle complex problems or high-risk systems using architectural spikes and proof of concepts.
- Supported by our continuous delivery setup and high degree of automation you get fast feedback on whether your code lives up to its promises or breaks the pipeline.
- You pick up current trends and share your knowledge proactively with your colleagues in regular sessions (e.g. brown bag sessions or slack days).
We are looking for an experienced java developer who likes to work in a cooperative environment with flat hierarchies and mutual respect.
- You have work experience with Linux as development and server environment for a Tomcat/Apache stack as well as knowledge of dealing with distributed systems.
- You know how to write “clean code” with good performance and how quality and performance can be tested automatically utilizing tools (xUnit, Selenium, JMeter/Gatling).
- Ideally you already have experience with Content Management Systems, Continuous Delivery as well as with REST, Python, Jenkins and Kubernetes.
- You want to take on responsibility, you are open to new ideas and technologies and you want to develop your skills. Good English skills complete your profile.
For reasons of better readability, we have used the male language form (when and wherever applicable) throughout the text. However, this does not imply any kind of discrimination against other sexes, but should be understood as gender-neutral in the sense of linguistic simplification.
United Internet AG
Tel: +49 721 91374-6891