Frontend Developer (f/m/d) - for our brands GMX and WEB.DE
1&1 Mail & Media GmbH in München
Your mail, your news, your digital home … your technology! Germany’s biggest news portal is looking for a committed frontend developer. The news portals of GMX and WEB.DE have in average 18 million visits a week and has to perform also well and fast when facing load peaks. Personalized news and interesting features are the reason for the popularity with our users. Flat hierarchies, short decision making processes and a cross functional scrum team in which you can help to shape the product are awaiting you. To stay up-to-date and continue to wow our users we need your expertise: You build it, you deploy it, you (will) run it!
- Using current frontend technologies you are developing challenging features for our new portals and internal applications.
- You identify potential for optimization in terms of quality, performance and maintainability and implement these in the team.
- You tackle complex problems or high-risk systems using architectural spikes and proof of concepts.
- You are no stranger to either cross browser compatibility or Progressive Webapps and Webviews.
- You pick up current trends and share your knowledge proactively with your colleagues in regular sessions (e.g. brown bag sessions or slack days).
We are looking for an experienced frontend developer who likes to work in a cooperative environment with flat hierarchies and mutual respect.
- You have a good knowledge of HTML, CSS and ECMA-Script 6 as well as in modular frontend architecture and you do not feel lost without a framework. You like to build your software with Gulp, Babel and Rollup.
- Testing your code is a necessity for you (ESLint, AVA, Galen, Selenium).
- You know how to write “clean code” with good performance and how to test quality and performance with tools in an automated way.
- Automated build and release processes as well as code versioning with GIT are a natural part of your daily work.
- You want to take on responsibility, you are open to new ideas and technologies and you want to develop your skills. Good English skills complete your profile.
For reasons of better readability, we have used the male language form (when and wherever applicable) throughout the text. However, this does not imply any kind of discrimination against other sexes, but should be understood as gender-neutral in the sense of linguistic simplification.
United Internet AG
Tel: +49 721 91374-6891