Senior Network Engineer (f/m)
1&1 IONOS SE in Karlsruhe
The Network Engineer (Backbone) is responsible for designing, deploying, securing and providing escalation support of the 1&1 Backbone within the global Wide Area Network team.
- You operate WAN infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements for a highly available, robust, resilient and secure network.
- You advanced troubleshooting of Juniper MX and Cisco ASR platforms forwarding IPv6 and Legacy IP.
- You orchestrate RIPE/ARIN Prefixes under multiple AS numbers.
- You create and maintain high quality documentation, document root causes and update NOC runbooks.
- You establish and report on benchmarks for WAN availability, performance and capacity.
Your educational background is an bachelor’s Degree in Network Engineering, Computer Information Systems or equivalent practical experience on Layer 1-4.
- You speaks fluently BGPv4, MPLS, OSPF and ISIS and has a solid knowledge of DWDM.
- You have hands-on experience with Junos and IOS XR.
- You are willing and able to plan, lead and report huge rollout projects.
- You understanding of cultural differences; willing and able to work as part of a global team.
- You have a confident attitude and excellent communication and documentation skills (fluently in German and English).
These job offers are naturally open to both male and female candidates.
United Internet AG
Tel: +49 721 91374-6891