Storage Administrator (f/m/d) - for our brands GMX and WEB.DE - Focus SAN/Storage, Backup and Linux/Unix
1&1 Mail & Media GmbH in Karlsruhe
Together with your colleagues you are responsible for the administration of our cloud and De-Mail storage infrastructure. Through a shared 24/7 on-call duty you are ensuring a stable and efficient operation in our datacenter environments.
- You plan and realize IT concepts based on requirements.
- You support and consult for your technical topics and are the point of contact.
- The operation and the further development of the used IBM Power Server architecture with IBM PowerVM virtualization technology and of SAN storage is part of your business.
- You are responsible for performance analysis and optimization, planning and execution of rollouts of new projects and features, and for regular maintenance (enhancements, updates).
- The further development and documentation of operations processes and standards as well as the automation of recurring procedures are completing your working profile.
Your educational background is a university degree in computer science or a comparable level of professional education. You have some years of experience in the operation of storage technologies and Linux/Unix systems.
- You have sound know-how in SAN storage architecture. Ideally, you have also been able to gather experience with software defined storage.
- Additionally, you have good knowledge of backup solutions (ideally IBM TSM/Spectrum Protect).
- Know-how in programming and scripting languages like Bash or Python are a prerequisite. Experience with version control systems like e.g. GIT or SVN would be a benefit.
- Besides sound analytical skills and a high quality awareness, a self-dependent and target-oriented working style is one of your strengths.
- A high willingness to acquire new skills, being proactive and motivation are a given for you.
For reasons of better readability, we have used the male language form (when and wherever applicable) throughout the text. However, this does not imply any kind of discrimination against other sexes, but should be understood as gender-neutral in the sense of linguistic simplification.
United Internet AG
Tel: +49 721 91374-6891