Storage Administrator (f/m) - Focus SAN/Storage, Backup and Linux/Unix
1&1 Mail & Media GmbH in Karlsruhe
Together with your colleagues you are responsible for the administration of our cloud and De-Mail storage infrastructure. Through a shared 24/7 on-call duty you are ensuring a stable and efficient operation in our datacenter environments.
- You plan and realize IT concepts based on requirements.
- You support and consult for your technical topics and are the point of contact.
- The operation and the further development of the used IBM Power Server architecture with IBM PowerVM virtualization technology and of SAN storage is part of your business.
- You are responsible for performance analysis and optimization, planning and execution of rollouts of new projects and features, and for regular maintenance (enhancements, updates).
- The further development and documentation of operations processes and standards as well as the automation of recurring procedures are completing your working profile.
Your educational background is a university degree in computer science or a comparable level of professional education. You have some years of experience in the operation of storage technologies and Linux/Unix systems.
- You have sound know-how in SAN storage architecture. Ideally, you have also been able to gather experience with software defined storage.
- Additionally, you have good knowledge of backup solutions (ideally IBM TSM/Spectrum Protect).
- Know-how in programming and scripting languages like Bash or Python are a prerequisite. Experience with version control systems like e.g. GIT or SVN would be a benefit.
- Besides sound analytical skills and a high quality awareness, a self-dependent and target-oriented working style is one of your strengths.
- A high willingness to acquire new skills, being proactive and motivation are a given for you.
These job offers are naturally open to both male and female candidates.
United Internet AG
Tel: +49 721 91374-6891