Project Manager (f/m/d) - Customer Care / Operations
1&1 IONOS SE in Karlsruhe
If you know by now the answer to the “How do you climb on Everest?” question, this job ad is for you. Why? Because we, at IONOS, deliver highly complex projects. IONOS is EU’s largest hosting company managing more than 8 million customer contracts and hosting more than 12 million domain names in our own regional data centers around the globe. We are committed to our customers’ success - not only in their business, but also in their lives, and throughout their world. We have a long history in supporting not only entrepreneurs taking their first step online, but also business owners who are scaling their operations as well as large enterprises and various partners. One of our core missions is providing world-class service for our customers around the clock. We are truly obsessed with our customers, and work hard to earn and keep their trust. At IONOS, we create additional value by providing outstanding support for our customers and their business. We are available by telephone, chat, and email messaging any time of the day, every day of the year. We are proud of our world-class customer care team that has been recognized with multiple awards of excellence. We are also proud of our one of a kind in industry offering, the Personal Consultant, which is always available to offer expert advice, is a key differentiator for our customers and ensures they get the most out of our services and realize their dreams online. If you have made it this far, you should know we have a Project Manager position available. The owner of the position will be responsible for the global projects within the Operations business of IONOS.
Objective of this Role
- The Project Manager will fulfill Operations Strategy by driving cross functional and cross-division projects.
- With these projects, we support businesses and entrepreneurial people start, move or grow their businesses and ideas online and reach people across the globe.
- As Project Manager you will benefit from eye level communication, an open culture and a team that empowers you to make decisions.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- You know this already: scope negotiation and alignment, scope communication, stakeholder management, roadmapping, follow up on deliverables and their quality, reporting,
- We expect real owners that assess risks and have what it takes to do red flagging, communicate early, clearly and transparently, not only organise retros but also learn from them, renegotiate, and realign.
We are looking for a well organised, versatile, and extravert communicator with an agile mindset, in short, a black belt end-to-end thinker.
- Ideally, you have been working as a project manager for the last couple of years and have a professional experience of 5 to 10 years.
- During their project management years, you have acquired experience in defining scope, objectives, roles, deadlines, roadmap and you have the capacity to break down any objective, epic, story into small work packages and create roadmaps that help steering the projects.
- Stakeholder management is one of your strongest points: you communicate ahead of time, transparently, and clearly. You easily identify blockers and bottlenecks. You understand your stakeholders’ interest, you have the capacity to filter out information and discuss only what is relevant for the stakeholder you have in front of you.
- You know at any point in time your projects’ “musts”, “shoulds” and “coulds”, so you know what is most important and what can be traded off.
- Our working languages in Karlsruhe are English and German, so these are a must for any potential candidate, together with a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and a PMI (or equivalent).
If you want to know more about the job and our projects, just apply. We can’t wait to see you negotiate like a pro.
For reasons of better readability, we have used the male language form (when and wherever applicable) throughout the text. However, this does not imply any kind of discrimination against other sexes, but should be understood as gender-neutral in the sense of linguistic simplification.
United Internet AG
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3
Tel: +49 721 91374-6891