Operations Engineer (m/f) - as part of a DevOps-Team
at 1&1 Mail & Media GmbH in Karlsruhe
We are a young and successful team of Operations Engineers, Software Developers and QA Engineers. We implement and operate business critical sales applications for WEB.DE, GMX, mail.com and De-Mail, which are used by tens of thousands of customers each day. In your role as an Operations Engineer you are involved in building up a state-of-the-art DevOps and Continuous Delivery platform which supports automated deployments and scaling for a highly available system performance.
- You focus on automating operational tasks for building up our Continuous Delivery platform based on Docker and Kubernetes.
- You participate actively in defining system architectures which meet our strategic and technical objectives.
- By participating in on-call-duty, you'll be involved in ensuring a 24/7 availability of our services and applications.
- Participating in internal and external technical conferences allows you to keep your knowledge up-to-date at all times.
- You benefit from very good working conditions (e.g. free choice of hardware, professional tooling like Jira, Confluence, Rocket.Chat, TestFLO) in a technology leading company.
In addition to a completed technical study or comparable work experience, you have demonstrated experience in system administration.
- You have experience in operating complex system landscapes based on Linux (Debian) and Java (Apache Tomcat or Spring Boot).
- You have experience in the field of automation of operational tasks using technologies like Ansible, Saltstack, Chef, Puppet or Rundeck.
- You are looking forward to expand your knowledge towards modern DevOps and Continuous Delivery technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, GoCD or Spinnaker.
These job offers are naturally open to both male and female candidates.
United Internet AG
Tel: +49 721 91374-6891