Head of Sales Support Operations (f/m/d)
1&1 IONOS SE in Karlsruhe
IONOS is Europe’s largest hosting company managing more than 8 million customer contracts and hosting more than 12 million domain names in our own regional data centers around the globe. We are committed to our customers’ success - not only in their business, but also in their lives, and throughout their world. We have a long history in supporting not only entrepreneurs taking their first step online, but also business owners who are scaling their operation as well as large enterprises and various partners. One of our core missions is providing world-class service for our customers around the clock. We are truly obsessed with our customers, and work hard to earn and keep their trust. At IONOS, we believe that we create additional value by providing outstanding support for our customers and their business. We are available by telephone, chat, and email messaging any time of the day, every day of the year. Our world-class customer care team has been recognized with multiple awards of excellence, and our Personal Consultant offering, which is always available to offer expert advice, is a key differentiator for our customers and ensures they get the most out of our services and realize their dreams online.
To continue the trajectory, we’re searching for a highly qualified Head of Sales Support Operations to work closely with the COO and his senior leadership team. From day one, the owner of the position is taking over full responsibility for the sales and retention performance within Operations.
Objective of this Role
- The very first role of the position is to provide leadership over the sales department.
- The Head of Sales Support Operations is in charge of developing weekly/monthly/annual and seasonal sales targets for the department.
- The role is examining growth opportunities, enabling sales improvements and taking responsibility for the department’s performance against targets.
- Leads the sales and retention channels Sales after support (SAS), Telesales and Retention in close collaboration with the markets and the respective market leaders.
- The interface to all relevant national and international stakeholders and departments and securing the necessary information flow
- Ensures policy, procedure, service, and sales standards are met or exceeded.
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams on sales process, tracking and administration of new sales campaigns and products.
- Manages and provides input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Leads sales forecasting, planning, and processes used within the sales organization.
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales operations organizations planning efforts.
- Partners with sales management to oversee day-to-day process execution, identify problems, recommend/take corrective action and communicate performance results and/or changes throughout the sales organization and cross-functional business unit team.
- This position is highly collaborative and, as such, the Head of Sales Support Operations teams up with the product / Customer Success Management departments to support and drive sales and conversion.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Leads and coaches the sales support operations team.
- Manages projects and initiatives and drives those to successful completion.
- Utilizes analytics tools and works with the team in undertaking detailed analyses of sales performance for the purpose of reporting sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities to senior leadership team.
- Defines actionable insights for the improving of sales and business profits.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3 years experience in Customer Care / Operations units preferred.
- Strong customer-focused mindset with relentless drive for improvement on behalf of the customer.
- 3 years of experience within sales management, sales operations or management within Europe.
- Leadership capabilities, including experience of building highly motivated team.
- Requires an excellent understanding of standard business practices related to Sales Operations processes and systems (sales cycle, reporting, forecasting and sales quotas).
- Clear, strategic thinker with vision, with the ability to execute on priorities.
- Ability to collaborate with senior management and cross functional stakeholders.
- Confident self-starter with a keen attention for detail and an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work with colleagues in Europe, the United States and accommodate calls and deadlines aligned to their time zones.
- Fluency in German & English (written and spoken) required.
For reasons of better readability, we have used the male language form (when and wherever applicable) throughout the text. However, this does not imply any kind of discrimination against other sexes, but should be understood as gender-neutral in the sense of linguistic simplification.
United Internet AG
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3
Tel: +49 721 91374-6891