Linux Storage - Kernel Developer (f/m/d)
1&1 IONOS SE in Berlin
The data centers behind the IONOS Cloud IaaS consist of hypervisor machines hosting the customer VMs and the storage machines providing the persistent storage. The machines are interconnected via a low latency rdma network.The software of our storage stack is based on upstream Linux kernel drivers, self developed kernel drivers and Provisioning software. Further design and development, maintenance and troubleshooting as well as performance-, reliability- and efficiency- evaluation and optimization of this stack is the task of the storage development team.
- Add new features, improve efficiency, stability and performance of the software components of our storage stack.
- Get involved in new kernel driver development from conceptual design to implementation and to the deployment strategy.
- Contribute to the upstream kernel drivers; take part in the corresponding mailing- list discussions; work on preparation of newly developed components for inclusion into mainline.
- Code, document and release according to latest industry proven software development processes.
- Knowledge in the areas of Operating Systems, Distributed Systems,Algorithms and Data-Structures.
- Excellent C programming and debugging skills.
- Experience in the development of Linux kernel or kernel modules is a plus.
- Experience in contributing to the upstream kernel is a plus.
For reasons of better readability, we have used the male language form (when and wherever applicable) throughout the text. However, this does not imply any kind of discrimination against other sexes, but should be understood as gender-neutral in the sense of linguistic simplification.
United Internet AG
Tel: +49 721 91374-6891