Infrastructure Engineer (f/m/d)
Reference ID: 918
With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
Our team consists of technology enthusiasts who design optimised server and storage hardware for IONOS. We build servers from custom optimised chassis to 3D printed brackets/guides to DC power and water cooling in custom designed racks and cold aisle enclosures. The servers are operated in thousands in globally distributed data centers in a highly automated manner. The team has direct contact and influence on the Data Center Infrastructure Engineering team, where state-of-the-art data centers are developed and built. To strengthen our bare metal developments we are looking for energetic and experienced support as soon as possible:
- Optimisation of existing server and storage systems.
- Evaluation of new systems and components (e.g. new microarchitectures, new memory technologies, processor features etc.).
- Testing/tuning of hardware/firmware in terms of functionality and efficiency.
- Testing/tuning of the Linux kernel.
- Testing/tuning of BIOS/BMC functions for comprehensive automation (IPMI, Redfish etc).
- Performing performance analysis.
You have a founded knowledge and years of experience in developing and testing server and storage hardware. You bring the following:
- Enjoy working with IT hardware and its innovations.
- A passion for prototyping and case customisation (e.g. 3D printing of brackets/guides).
- Understanding of the relevance of energy efficiency incl. power supply/cooling (Optimisation of TCO/Total Cost of Ownership).
- Sound knowledge in hardware and Linux environment.
- Profound understanding of BIOS/UEFI/Firmware/BMC.
- Structured, independent and conscientious working style.
- You know your way around in a fast changing industry environment and have a good sense of which innovations have a chance and which do not.
- Confident English in written and spoken.
What else we would like to tell you
We are building the factories of the future. We have very deep value creation and need creative minds that are willing to question and improve current solutions every day.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5