Linux Systemengineer (f/m/d) of internal virtualization platform
Reference ID: 858
With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
For the support of the internal, linux-based virtualization platform at 1&1 IONOS we are looking for you, a system engineer with focus on virtualization and software maintenance. We give you a lot of responsibility and creative possibilities to ensure the reliable operation of the extensive and worldwide platform together with a competent team and to drive its further development. A dynamic environment that is open to technical innovations and creative solutions awaits you.
- You administer our virtualization platform and ensure its high availability.
- You also maintain the software of the virtualization platform and develop it continuously.
- You analyze problems, eliminate faults and document them.
- You plan consolidation, migration and renewal projects in coordination with the business units and implement them as IT responsible.
- You will perform performance analysis and optimization and evaluate new technologies.
- In addition, you will participate in a rotating 2nd level on-call support for the virtualization platform together with your team.
You have a degree in computer science or an equivalent professional training. Furthermore, you have first professional experience in the administration of a virtualization environment or software development.
- Good knowledge of at least one virtualization technology (RHEV, Ovirt, KVM) is a prerequisite.
- Practical experience in software engineering, conceptual design, SW development (frontend, backend, API) and operation of a web platform is highly desired.
- Experience in the development of secure and performant web applications, in UX design or in handling software code (GIT, SSDLC), is useful.
- For administration a basic knowledge of NFS storage solutions (e.g. Netapp), networking (Vlan, Trunks), Prometheus, Grafana, databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and Linux systems is useful.
- Know-how in script languages like Bash, Python, as well as in automation and orchestration tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible) complete your profile.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and documentation are not foreign words for you.
- Good English skills complete your profile.
- Structured and independent way of working as well as the ability to work in a team, communicative and open-minded appearance towards our internal partners are also part of the system administration for you.
What else we would like to tell you
It's not a problem if you can't or don't know everything perfectly. We will teach you what you don't know. It is therefore important to us that you are interested in the job, motivated and eager to learn, and that you share this knowledge with others.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5