Network / System Engineer (Development) (f/m/d)
Reference ID: 697
With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
- Developing and maintaining a high performance, globally distributed cloud hosting network using a range of diverse technologies.
- Designing and implementing new features and adopting new technologies (both hardware and "Software defined") on the network.
- Educating Operations staff on the functioning of the network, creating documentation, taking part in troubleshooting and analysis of everyday operation of the network.
- High proficiency in programming with C.
- Experience in Linux device driver development and knowledge of Linux Kernel internals and Linux networking stack.
- Proficiency in Linux system administration and automation, including writing code in a scripting language (Python etc.).Proven experience in Open vSwitch.
- Experience with Linux user space and system development tools and processes (git, gcc, gdb, etc.).
- Proficiency in Linux network stack. Deep knowledge of IPv4/IPv6, TCP networking protocols. Understanding of kernel routing, bridging, vxlan, vrf, BPF, etc.
- Good understanding of Linux userspace networking tools - routing daemons, tcpdump, etc.
- Familiarity with networking hardware: switches, routers, firewalls, especially Juniper, is a plus.
- Experience in Linux virtualization stack (KVM, QEMU, VirtIO) is a plus.
- Experience in InfiniBand is a plus.
- Enthusiasm for exploring new technologies and meeting new challenges.
- Fluent English (German is a plus).
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5