Linux QA Automation Engineer - Compute (f/m/d)
Reference ID: 687
With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
We are running the infrastructure for thousands of virtual machines. Our hypervisor hosts are connected to the storage servers via a low latency InfiniBand network, being accessed via RDMA. We maintain our own QEMU and Kernel patches, together with upstream contributions. Your role will be to design, create and run automated test plans, providing feedback to the rest of the team. Your skills will be extended to the entire infrastructure, ensuring that all components are tested both separately and together. Performance, reliability and efficiency is what you aim for in close co-operation with your other team mates.
- Participate as a team member in planning, software design, developing and testing our complete Linux stack.
- Work closely with our specialists to help optimize and debug the KVM/QEMU solution for our virtual data center environment.
- Automate test cases and partner with other team members to further develop the testing environment.
- Document, draft and execute test plans for e.g. performance, load, stress and security testing and integrate them in a CD pipeline.
- Help design, set up and maintain the different test environments.
- Deep understanding of Linux, preferably Debian or Ubuntu.
- Fluent in Bash and at least one of Python/Golang/Rust.
- Proven knowledge in analysing and documenting software bugs.
- Highly experienced in and knowledgeable of test techniques such as boundary analysis, type checking, negative testing, test-data coverage analysis, coverage testing.
- Good knowledge of the Linux Kernel Memory and Processing stacks is an advantage.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of German is an advantage.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5