Teamlead Security Operations (f/m/d)
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
in Karlsruhe or Munich
Full-time | Permanent | Professionals
Reference ID: 1825
With our strong brands GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 42 million active users, we are the leading email and communications platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. From this strong market position, services and apps are developed that simplify users' digital lives - from office tools and cloud solutions to personal ID management.
You see yourself as a servant leader, you like to take over responsibility and your passion is IT security operations / blue teaming? Are you eager to drive strategic topics, share your knowledge and support your colleagues on their development journey? Then we’re looking for you! Join our IT Security Department as Teamlead Security Operations and help us further improve the overall security level of Germany’s biggest mail and cloud provider WEB.DE and GMX.
- As Teamlead Security Operations, you are both technical and disciplinary leader of a “blue team”. You and your team is responsible for identification and mitigation of attacks against our product infrastructure consisting of dozens thousands of servers in multiple data centers and millions of events per second.
- You coordinate both strategic initiatives like improvement and automation of SecOps processes, as well as operational tasks like technical analyses or anomaly detection and security event handling.
- You support your team hands-on with all tasks and contribute to the best possible outcome with your know-how, input and ideas.
- You raise security awareness within the whole organization on all levels and ensure the necessary support and acceptance for your topics. You regularly collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You guide your colleagues in the team on their technical and personal development journey. You create personal development plans and also recruit new members of the team.
Have you completed a technical degree or do you have comparable education? Do you have a multiple-year experience with IT Security and were you already able to deliver strategic improvements in complicated situations? Are you able to grasp complicated concepts quickly and you’re continously searching for even better solutions? Do you appreciate hands-on work, are you a true team player, and do you value dynamic complex environment? We’re eager to get your application!
- You have profound experience with SecOps / Blue Team topics like detection, defense and handling of security incidents in a modern and highly scalable distributed IT infrastructure.
- You have a track record of successfully leading teams towards the goal under challenging conditions. Disciplinary leadership experience is a plus.
- You are well versed in a broad range of technical topics, including networks, communication protocols, operating systems and distributed web-based systems. You are fluent in at least one scripting language, preferably Python.
- You have a solid overview of the current security best practices and standards. Optimally you are also well connected to the international security community, e.g. because of public speaking at conferences or your contributions to open source projects.
- You incorporate growth mindset; you are a continuous learner of both technical and personal topics. You are a true team player, always leading by example. You’re comfortable with leading projects and stakeholders efficiently also in stressful situations.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management