Site Reliability Engineer: PaaS (f/m/d)
Reference ID: 1556
With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
- Running our Kubernetes and service infrastructure.
- Building software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications.
- Developing monitoring and alerting rules for symptoms and not outages.
- Participating in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
- Improving the deployment process to make it as boring as possible.
- Be on an on call rotation to respond to availability incidents and provide support for service engineers with customer incidents.
- Agile mindset and experience with modern development practices.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks.
- Profound experience with cloud environments and Kubernetes.
- Profound experience with the Linux operating system.
- Experience with network fundamentals.
What else we would like to tell you
The IONOS PaaS SRE team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced site reliability engineer.
As a team we have three areas of responsibility: platform operations, supporting services for the product teams and telemetry. We are responsible for the continued operation of our Platform as a Service offerings, including incident handling. We work with the product development teams to establish and maintain our service offerings and provide a tight feedback loop on their services’ performance. Accordingly, we provide monitoring, logging, metrics and other cross-product infrastructure on Kubernetes, so our product teams don’t have to worry about it. Finally, we gather all required metrics to enable data-driven decision making for our platforms and services.
We are a development focussed team. While we absolutely need to work with all available tools to react to incidents, solutions should first and foremost result in code and automation. Our weapons of choice are Ansible, GoLang, GitOps and CI/CD - not root shells and bash scripts.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5