Backend Enterprise Architect (f/m/d)
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
in Karlsruhe or Munich
Reference ID: 1537
With our strong brands GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 42 million active users, we are the leading email and communications platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. From this strong market position, services and apps are developed that simplify users' digital lives - from office tools and cloud solutions to personal ID management.
You are an experienced software architect, have already successfully built your own backend systems and feel at home in a responsible, technically complex environment? Do you enjoy working with modern, innovative technologies and can inspire millions of users with your solutions every day? Then become part of our cross-divisional, international Portal Architecture Group and shape the future of our products together with us!
- You will be responsible for the company-wide Java strategy, consistently develop it further and define high-level architecture requirements and goals.
- You will be in regular contact with the system and application architects of the software development teams you supervise, who will implement the enterprise architectures you have developed.
- You define the framework conditions and the big picture within which the development teams operate.
- You coach agile teams and specifically develop senior developers into application architects.
- You develop the architectural target image for the products you support and take responsibility for its implementation. To do this, you will be in close contact with your system architects, software development teams, application architects and the Portal Architecture Group.
Have you completed a technical degree or comparable education? You have a strong connection to technology and see the big picture? Do you think in a customer-oriented way, solve problems cooperatively and implement the best solution? You also want to make a difference, consistently push your own visions and you can inspire your colleagues? Are you a real team player and a strong communicator? Then we are looking for you!
- Ideally, you have experience as a software or enterprise architect and have a proven track record in planning and implementing high-traffic backend systems based on distributed (micro)service architectures.
- Your focus is backend development and you have excellent knowledge of Java, REST & JSON and frameworks such as Spring Boot / MVC.
- You have several years of experience with both RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MariaDB or Oracle) and NoSQL database systems (e.g. Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra).
- You can develop abstract concepts and target images, as well as break these down into concrete work packages for software development.
- You are good at building trusting relationships with customers, colleagues and software developers at all levels and actively ensure the flow of information across departmental and divisional boundaries.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management