Node.js Developer for SMB Product (RO) (f/m/d)
in Nationwide (Germany) or Karlsruhe
Reference ID: 1356
With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
SMB Product Team's mission is to make having an online presence accessible for any busy SMB owner, by building an ecosystem of do-it-yourself services, spanning from website builder to online marketing, that our customers can use to be successful online. Customer-centricity and design-driven product work are our DNA. Our outlook is to serve and enable millions of SMB owners and individuals to build their online presence dream.
As a Node.js Developer your primary responsibility is to develop and maintain back-end services and applications, as well as enabling 3rd party services integrations into the product. You will have the opportunity to be part of and influence architectural decisions, build a cohesive ecosystem of microservices, that will ultimately provide customers with a highly scalable and highly available platform to build their dream on the web.
You work in a cross location environment as part of the SMB Product development which is mainly based in Bucharest, Romania.
- Build micro-services and applications in Node.js that run in a Container-based infrastructure.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Work directly with Architects and DevOps to shape up the product, platform and infrastructure.
- Be a part of a larger multi-disciplinary team, working directly with Architects, DevOps, Developers, QA Engineers, UX and Product Owner.
- Participate & contribute in the team’s Scrum process.
- Conduct Code Reviews.
- Demo your work to peers and stakeholders.
- Manage your own time and successfully work unsupervised while keeping team collaboration alive.
- Participate for OnCall duty.
- Be available for occasional travel to Germany.
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- Relevant experience working with Software Development teams, having launched a product or service to the market.
- Solid understanding and practical experience working with Container Technologies and Managed Platforms, having built products that are based on micro-services.
- Solid experience with Node.js web frameworks (E.g.: Express.js, Hapi, Fastifyi).
- Hands-on experience or good understanding of document-based and relational databases (E.g.: PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL).
- Experience with event-messaging (E.g.: RabbitMQ, Redis).
- Experience with Wordpress development is a plus (Wordpress REST APIs, Plugin Development, Gutenberg Blocks).
- Experience with Typescript is a plus.
- gRPC is a plus.
- GraphQL is a plus.
- S3 Object Storage or S3-compatible APIs is a plus.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5