Linux Systemengineer (f/m/d) for Hosting IT-Infrastructure Services
Reference ID: 1282
With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
For the operation of the global, Linux-based infrastructure service at 1&1 IONOS we are looking for an experienced and Linux-savvy system engineer. We give you your own responsibility and creative possibilities to ensure the reliable operation of the extensive and worldwide services together with a competent team and to drive its development further. A dynamic environment that is open to technical innovations and creative solutions awaits you.
- You administer our various IT infrastructure services (Webserver, Apache, Haproxy, Loadbalancer, Puppet, Grafana, Prometheus, Git/Svn, PKI/CA, HSM) running on about 700 systems (Vms and servers) in multiple datacenters around the world and you ensure their high availability.
- You analyze problems, eliminate faults within the scope of the respective ITIL processes and document them.
- You will do performance analysis and optimization and also evaluate new technologies.
- In addition, you will participate in a rotating 2nd level on-call support together with the team.
It is important to us that you have a solid knowledge of Linux systems and an interest in system administration, that you are motivated and curious, and that you like to share your knowledge.
- Solid knowledge in the administration of Linux systems (SSH, Bash, etc) is a prerequisite. Ideally, you already bring experience in the administration of large Linux environments and knowledge of the associated challenges.
- Furthermore, basic knowledge of networking (e.g. Ipv4 /Ipv6, routing, BGP), databases and troubleshooting with Linux systems is useful.
- Know-how in scripting languages like Bash, Python, Ruby or similar as well as in automation and orchestration tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible) complete your profile.
- We consider experience in development and handling software code (GIT, SSDLC) as an asset, as well as knowledge of building, operating and using containers.
- You have a structured and independent way of working, which you have acquired during your studies or an equivalent professional activity. A good command of English, the ability to work in a team, and a communicative and open-minded attitude towards our internal partners are all part of your good manners.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5