Network Engineer (f/m/d)
in Karlsruhe or Berlin
Reference ID: 1278
With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
We are looking for further support for a highly motivated team of network experts. As a network engineer, you are responsible for the planning, operation and further development of our global hosting networks. You can expect modern, globally distributed, and massively scalable infrastructures. In a culture which places great value on creative ideas, agile working methods, initiative, and participation, you are faced with the following exciting tasks:
- Administration and troubleshooting of highly available and complex network infrastructures including participation in an on-call service.
- Creation and implementation of modern network designs.
- Evaluation and assessment of new technologies and products.
- Testing and evaluation of new features as well as planning and implementation of international setups.
- Support company goals through an efficient operating architecture, active lifecycle management, and lean processes in an agile NetOPS environment.
- Conception, setup, and further development of solutions for network automation.
You have studied computer science or have completed comparable education and have work experience in the network area. You are familiar with the common routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, IS-IS and overlay technologies such as VXLAN. You also have the following qualifications:
- Several years of experience with traditional network manufacturers such as Cisco and Juniper. You can also implement network functions on Linux systems.
- Passion and enthusiasm for new technologies such as network disaggregation with whitebox switches, SONiC, and Cumulus.
- A preference to automate with Ansible, Puppet, and Python.
- Like us, you are a fan of open source, especially Linux.
- The ability to communicate with an international team fluently in English and German.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5