Head of Mail Backend Development (f/m/d)
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Full-time | Permanent | Executives
Reference ID: 1271
With our strong brands GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 42 million active users, we are the leading email and communications platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. From this strong market position, services and apps are developed that simplify users' digital lives - from office tools and cloud solutions to personal ID management.
With more than 40 million active customers and up to 15,000 incoming emails per second, GMX and WEB.DE are among the most widely used email providers in Germany. With our mail system, we rely on state-of-the-art technologies and offer our customers an "intelligent mailbox", e.g. by means of artificial intelligence. As Head of Mail Backend Development, you and your team will shape the technological future of our mail systems for our brands WEB.DE, GMX, mail.com, IONOS and 1&1.
- You will lead and coach an agile software development department consisting of several teams with approx. 30 employees and further develop your area.
- You are responsible for the optimisation and further development of the mail systems, consistently develop them further and define high-level architecture requirements and goals.
- You coordinate the different, autonomous development teams together with the team lads, coordinate with other departments regarding architecture and technologies, use synergies and overlapping best practices.
- You continuously analyse the existing setup to ensure high-quality and on-time implementation of development projects.
- You start new initiatives and keep up to date with new technologies and trends.
You have a degree in (business) informatics or a comparable qualification? You started your career as a software developer and enjoy challenging a software architect? Do you have experience with scaling agile frameworks? Do you have strong leadership skills and can manage a team of over 30 people including team leads? Do you also see yourself described in the points below? Then we look forward to receiving your application.
- You have several years of leadership experience in IT, have experience with agile working methods and see yourself as an agile leader.
- You have experience as a software or enterprise architect and ideally have experience in planning and implementing high-load systems.
- You have a high affinity and understanding for current software technologies, know the principles of modern cloud-native architectures and associated technologies such as Docker, gateways or microservices and have developed them yourself in the past.
- You can motivate your independently working team and create the right setting for the new and further development of applications.
- You can work efficiently and hands-on with IT and business as well as act confidently and with strong communication skills at management level. This also includes being able to communicate fluently in English.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management