Network Engineer (f/m/d) - DDoS Defense and Web Protection
in Karlsruhe or Berlin
Reference ID: 1222
With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
We are a team of highly motivated security experts looking for the right addition to our team. As a network engineer in charge of the protection of our hosting products, you are responsible for planning, operation, and further development of our DDoS defense solution. You can expect a modern, globally distributed, and highly scalable infrastructure which protects our customers as well as our own infrastructure from DDoS attacks on a daily basis. In a culture which places great value on creative ideas, agile working methods, initiative, and participation you can expect the following tasks:
- Administration and troubleshooting of highly available and complex infrastructures including participation in an on-call service rotation.
- Further development and optimization of the distributed DDoS defense platforms as well as the analysis and visualization mechanisms.
- Monitoring of the systems, analysis of attacks, and observation of current trends.
- Evaluation and assessment of new technologies and products.
- Development and implementation of new functions as well as planning and operation of international setups.
- Support company goals through efficient operating architecture, active lifecycle management, and lean processes in an agile DevOps environment.
- Conception, setup, and further development of CI / CD pipelines and the necessary technical processes.
You have studied Computer Science or have completed comparable education. You have a keen interest in security topics, good Linux knowledge, and have the following qualifications:
- Several years of experience in the administration of complex distributed platforms (virtual routers like VyOS, firewall distributions like pfSense and reverse proxies like Nginx).
- Deployment of BGP, flowspec, and anycast routing on Linux systems and network routers.
- A preference to automate with Ansible, Puppet, and Python.
- Good analytical skills to evaluate DDoS attacks, implement countermeasures, and continuously develop our defense platforms.
- Like us, you are a fan of Open Source, especially Linux.
- The ability to communicate with an international team fluently in English and German.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5