Lead Security Operations Engineer (f/m/d) - onsite or remote / home office
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
in Karlsruhe, Nationwide (Germany) or Munich
Full-time | Permanent | Professionals
Reference ID: 1197
With our strong brands GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 42 million active users, we are the leading email and communications platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. From this strong market position, services and apps are developed that simplify users' digital lives - from office tools and cloud solutions to personal ID management.
Do you like to take over responsibility and your passion is IT Security? Are you eager to drive strategic topics and share your knowledge? Furthermore, is your medium-term goal to become a leader? Then we’re looking for you! Join our security organization as Lead Security Operations Engineer and shape our “Security Operations” team together with us to further improve the overall security level of Germany’s biggest mail and cloud provider WEB.DE and GMX.
- You’re responsible for continuous improvement of real-time protection against threats endangering our complex product environment, with over 40 millions of customers, tens of thousands servers, own private cloud, hundreds of applications and millions of events per second.
- You drive security operations (“blue team”) topics both conceptionally and operationally. This includes e.g. anomaly detection, incident handling, vulnerability management and threat intelligence. You base your decisions on both your own profound experience and industry best practices, standards and emerging trends.
- You develop awareness and acceptance for security operations in the whole organization in collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders on all levels.
- When needed, you manage security incidents and carry out technical analyses, e.g. forensics or log analysis. You also participate on our on-call duty schedule.
- In order to take the next step in your career, you keep improving both your technical and leadership skills, e.g. servant leader approach or agile methods.
Have you completed a technical degree or do you have comparable education? Do you have a multiple-year experience with IT Security and were you already able to deliver strategic improvements in complicated situations? Are you able to grasp complicated concepts quickly and you’re continuously searching for even better solutions? Do you appreciate hands-on work, are you a true team player, and do you value dynamic complex environment? We’re eager to get your application!
- You have a demonstrated track record of strategically important achievements during security projects. You’re passionate about security operations / blue teaming and ideally you have a solid private network in the international security scene (e.g. due to conferences or open source projects).
- Your goal is to develop to a disciplinary leader with time, thus to combine your technical and leadership skills. Ideally, you have already gathered some experience in a technical and/or disciplinary leadership position.
- You understand the mechanics of a modern agile digital organization as well as the positioning of IT Security and especially Security Operations inside it. This knowledge helps you bring challenging projects forward.
- You have profound knowledge about technical topics as networking, communication protocols, operating systems and web-based distributed systems. You’re fluent with at least one scripting language, e.g. Python, Ruby or Go.
- You’re a true team player, always leading by example. You’re comfortable with leading projects and stakeholders efficiently also in stressful situations.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
1&1 Mail & Media Applications SE
Recruiting & Candidate Management