Senior Software Engineer - Database as a Service (f/m/d)
Reference ID: 1056
With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
The IONOS Database as a Service team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced software engineer.
The DBaaS team focuses on developing and maintaining database services for customers, whether it’s relational databases like Postgres, document-based, key-value stores, time series databases or other NoSQL offerings. For our customers, the database is often the reliable center of their architecture, providing data persistence, consistency and structure - the solid rock on which to build their applications.
Our teams are responsible for the entire lifecycle of the service: we build it, we ship it, we run it. We are looking for someone to join our team and work with us on providing the best product possible.
- Programming in Go and other languages.
- Collaborating with an agile and self-motivated team of peers.
- Solving interesting problems in a dynamic cloud environment.
- Supporting the operations and management of distributed systems.
- Continuously improving our build, test and deployment automation.
- Continuously improving the quality and resilience of our services.
- Experience developing, testing and deploying well-engineered code, preferably in Go.
- Constructive contributions to design and architecture discussions.
- Experience in working with cloud environments.
- Experience with Kubernetes container orchestration and helm charts.
- Experience building Kubernetes operators, controllers and CRDs.
- Experience operating and troubleshooting production environments.
- Experience with at least two database types such as relational, timeseries, key-value, full-text search, persistent message queues or document-based databases.
- Familiarity with the concepts and use-cases of the remaining types of databases.
- Experience with the Linux operating system.
- Experience with network fundamentals.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5